Want to keep your hands warm on a chilly winter day? Make a set of hand warmers! They'd be a great gift for Valentine's Day, or any time you want to share a little extra love with someone.
(If you like this project, please share it on Pinterest!)
- fabric (I used an old velvet shirt, but fleece would work nicely, too. Choose something with a tight weave. For example, don't use an old sweater, because the rice could work its way through the knit.)
- needle and thread OR a sewing machine
- washable marker or chalk
- heart shape (I cut mine from a cereal box)
I used a permanent marker. That was stupid. I should have used chalk or a washable marker.
Leave at least 1/4 inch outside of the seam line.
I packaged these using treat bags you can find at any craft or party supply store. The label is half a sheet of card stock folded over the top and stapled. Have a freebie label for download below!
Download HandWarmers <---The version I'm giving you does NOT have 'from Violet' on it...that part is blank so you can type in or write in your own name.
Or, you can just grab the text here:
1. Pop into microwave 30 seconds
2. Slip into coat pockets to keep hands toasty warm for up to half an hour
Happy Valentine's Day!
Note: Don't wash these in the washing machine. Just spot clean with a sponge.