I was sad to hear artist Joan Steiner recently passed away. She made AMAZING tiny dioramas. Steiner was probably best known for her 'Look Alikes' book series. She was also notorious for answering ALL letters she received, even from school kids.
- peppermint and pencil sharpeners as lamp bases
- crayons sliced as meat at the countercounter
- cigar hanging as a salami
- razor and nail clippers as vacuums
- switch plate as front of meat counter
- screw on earring as a lamp/light fixture
- I think those are matches as curtains
You get the idea. I could look at theses iamges for hours. It's kind of like Where's Waldo, don't you think? How fun! I'm so sad she won't be making any more of these to share with the world.