All right, all you lovely lazy ladies (and gents),
I welcome you to....
The first 2010 meeting of the Lazy Wo(Man) Book/Movie Club.
1. Don't go reading a bunch of politically correct 'helpful' reviews and Oprah-type book club guide questions/talking points. If you're looking for that kind of book club, go somewhere else. Maybe our books will have 'a message', maybe they won't. I'm interested in hearing your undiluted impressions. Quit making me pre-think, Oprah. I don't want your big glossy haired opinions in my head before I've even cracked a page.
2. Don't put too much effort into this. That will defeat my whole laziness idea.
Let's get started with a movie for next week:
"The Fourth Kind"
We'll review it maybe.....next Monday after the next? That will give you a week to get it, watch it, then ponder a one-line response. Or whatever you have the energy to muster up.
For July....the last week, perhaps, we'll review:
"The Help" by Kathryn Stockett
Feel free to chime in with your ideas and opinions, but I was thinking.....
1. We'd all post on our blogs about the movie/book on a pre-set date. I'll post a link to all the other blogs that are participating. If you don't have a blog, I'll post your 'short version' review on my blog.
2. Our blog posts will be WHATEVER. Short, concise, to-the-point is a plus in my book.
3. If you want to participate in a more in-depth way, I would prefer we e-mail each other personally. Honestly, I DO care what you guys think. I personally plan on having the 'short version' and the 'long version'. However, I don't want to hurt the eyes of my blog friends. If you DO want in on the 'long version' reviews, e-mail me. I'm compiling an e-mail list of the people who WANT to do this. I certainly don't want to send you any more junk mail if you're not interested.
4. More than anything else....this was intended to be fun. If you only want to contribute once per year, fine. We're glad to have you.